Pseudonyms

I do not use the real names for myself, my family members or my friends in my blogs. Family and friends referred to regularly: Dave(my husband) our two daughters Kyla (5yrs) and Raye (4yrs), Rae(my sister), her son Ayan(4yrs) and daughter Lyssa(6yrs).

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Bread!

I have started making my own bread using a yeast starter and it is wonderful. The starter took me a few tries to get going, but now that it is all set I've made three loafs of homemade sourdough bread. I've been tweaking the recipe a bit got get it just right and each loaf has been a little bit better.

It takes some work, but I really am enjoying the process and am going to keep going with it and start making homemade noodles later on this week. Yesterday was my first day going shopping and not buying any bread, just some more flour : )  and  out of a bag of flour that costs as much as one loaf of store bought bread I can make four or more loafs of my own- going to do the math on it this time around.

This is one of the first steps I'm taking at cooking, eating, and living healthier. My sister and I are both going to be adding in more homemade, organic foods and homemade, no-chemical cleaning items into our lives.

Besides being healthier for our families overall, doing things like this yourself is so rewarding emotionally. To be able to look at something and know that you made it, and that it is better for you than what you were previously doing feels great.

I'll be posting the recipe for the starter and bread in a few days once I get it all written out.

No comments:

Post a Comment