Pseudonyms

I do not use the real names for myself, my family members or my friends in my blogs. Family and friends referred to regularly: Dave(my husband) our two daughters Kyla (5yrs) and Raye (4yrs), Rae(my sister), her son Ayan(4yrs) and daughter Lyssa(6yrs).

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Bedtime-not going as planned

I am not sure what is up with the girls lately but they have not been going to sleep as well as they normally do. Kyla doesn't want to go to sleep, "I don't want to do this", "No , I don't want the light off." And if she doesn't lay down then Raye keeps running in circles around the room. Kyla can now reach the light switches so after we leave she'll get up and turn the light on. I've talked with her about it a couple times and from what I've gathered she's been having some bad dream : (   Being chased by bears or monsters from what she will tell me about them. So we started praying that God would help her to sleep and not have bad dreams. I also reminded her on the "God is bigger than the Boogie Man" Veggitales and that seemed to help her calm down a lot. The last two nights have been better so maybe that will work for us. She did join us in bed last night, had another bad dream, but she went right back to sleep. This is one of those times I wish I could read her mind and know exactly what is bothering her. I don't normally ask her about her dreams until she's been awake for awhile in the morning-I don't want to ask in the middle of the night and upset her more- but I'm not really sure how much of her dream she actually remembers, especially later in the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment