Pseudonyms

I do not use the real names for myself, my family members or my friends in my blogs. Family and friends referred to regularly: Dave(my husband) our two daughters Kyla (5yrs) and Raye (4yrs), Rae(my sister), her son Ayan(4yrs) and daughter Lyssa(6yrs).

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Numbers and counting

Since both of the girls could already count to ten before we started doing school they are still doing great in that area. We've worked our way up to seven know for recognizing the written number and they catch on to each new one quickly. The one thing we are spending more time working on is putting the numbers in the correct order. Asking "what comes after three?" had them a little confused for awhile but they are getting alot better at counting that out to themselves and figuring it out. Laying out our number cards and having them put the numbers in the correct order is also a little challenging. They end up "1,2,4,3,5,7,6" and it takes awhile to get the correct adjustments made. But they do better each time and focusing more on it will help them catch on quicker.

No comments:

Post a Comment