Pseudonyms

I do not use the real names for myself, my family members or my friends in my blogs. Family and friends referred to regularly: Dave(my husband) our two daughters Kyla (5yrs) and Raye (4yrs), Rae(my sister), her son Ayan(4yrs) and daughter Lyssa(6yrs).

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

No need for Santa

My hubby and I decided long before we had kids that we weren't going to do Santa with them, actually we kind  of decided it separately and then agreed on it. He says he doesn't remember believing in Santa, that he played along with his parents when they talked about it but he thought it was weird. I on the other hand remember believing in Santa(and the Easter Bunny) and being devastated when I found out my parents and Everyone had been lying to me all that time.

So we are not telling our kids "yes, there really is a Santa" because there isn't. We don't want to lie to our kids for no reason. And we want them to be thankful and appreciate the gifts they get, from us. Growing up the "big, fun, awesome" presents were from Santa, and my parents didn't get the credit for it that they should have. I appreciate now that they bought all of those things for us, but I don't understand wanting to let "Santa" be the hero, I want my kids to know I paid attention to their likes and dislikes and got them the one thing they really wanted, for whatever occasion it is that I give it to them.

I've heard that not doing "Santa" takes the fun out of Christmas and that isn't true. My 3yr old had a great time with my husband's side of the family, thanked everyone for the gifts they gave her, and has been enjoying the toys she got from her family members. I do not regret our decision in any way.

No comments:

Post a Comment