Pseudonyms

I do not use the real names for myself, my family members or my friends in my blogs. Family and friends referred to regularly: Dave(my husband) our two daughters Kyla (5yrs) and Raye (4yrs), Rae(my sister), her son Ayan(4yrs) and daughter Lyssa(6yrs).

Sunday, February 19, 2012

3yr Old's View of Pregnancy

We've talked with Kyla before about how Raye was in mommy's tummy, and for some reason she brought it up again today and it was a funny little conversation.

Kyla: Momma, when Raye was littler she was in your tummy.
Me: Yes, that's right.
Kyla: And you were sick.
Me: No, mommy wasn't sick. I was just pregnant.
Kyla: Pregant?
Me: Yes, when mommies have a baby in there tummy it's called being pregnant.
Kyla: Well....how did you get that way??
Me: um, How did I get pregnant?
Kyla: Yes, how did you get pregant?
Me: Well.....(thinking)...mommy and daddy decided we wanted another baby, so mommy got pregnant.
Kyla: Oh, you mean me?
Me: We already had you, and we wanted another baby, so we had Raye.
Kyla: Oh, right (giggle) you wanted Raye.

And that was the end of it....for now, lol. She is so curious about how everything works!

No comments:

Post a Comment