Pseudonyms

I do not use the real names for myself, my family members or my friends in my blogs. Family and friends referred to regularly: Dave(my husband) our two daughters Kyla (5yrs) and Raye (4yrs), Rae(my sister), her son Ayan(4yrs) and daughter Lyssa(6yrs).

Monday, August 13, 2012

P90x Day One

The alarm went off at 5am this morning and I managed to drag myself out of bed to work out in the living room. Today was Core Synergistics and it was Rough! Push-ups, planks, running, rolls, lunges, stretches....and more. The hardest ones for me are the push-ups, and as a former gymnast who used to be able to do them easily it is embarrassing how bad I am at them now. It hurts to admit that I am forced to resort to knee push-ups in order to get them done, but better to do them that way starting out.

This week and probably the next one as well I'll be doing most of the exercises weight free. Even after that I'll only be using 2-5lb weights depending on the exercises since my goal is weight loss and toning. Eventually when I am actually able to keep up with the videos I might add reps and/or speed to the core and arm workouts.

So far today I feel alright, but I know that tomorrow or the day after is when the effects of working out again are going to hit me. Not looking forward to that but as they say "No pain, no gain." and in the long run this will be worth the pain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment